Oh yeah babe!! (said in my best Emeril Lagasse voice). People, you are just gonna love this dressing! I also think you are gonna love me for sharing it with you. Yep, it’s really that good!
I found the idea for this dressing, yet again from the lovely Didi Emmons, author of ‘Vegetarian Planet‘. That chick sure knew how to make some tasty grub. However, her recipe included WAY too much sugar for my preference. So I got to thinking, actually I got to watching the new Food Channel, and saw this amazing bartender use honey syrup in one of his drinks. Then it dawned on me, to replace the massive amounts of sugar in this recipe to honey syrup. A stroke of genius I tell ya!!
I am happy to use honey in my dressings here and there, because honey is so easily digestible and even nourishing. So don’t feel guilty having this sweet treat of a dressing every now and again.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the honey and water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and let the mixture simmer until reduced to half, about 10 minutes or more.
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit, about 5 minutes.
- In a glass cruet with a lid, add the balsamic vinegar, the honey syrup (should be ⅓ cup), the garlic and then the oil.
- Place the lid on the cruet and shake well until incorporated.
- You could alternatively do this in a bowl with a whisk if you like.
- Salt and pepper it to taste.
Then taste this delectable creation and sit back and marvel at its goodness. I promise you’ll dip your finger in a second time!! Oh and you may want to double this recipe, it’s not gonna last you very long!! Serve this dressing over baby greens with some caramelized onions and creamy goat cheese.
I am also contributing this post to ‘Fight Back Fridays‘, check it out!
*I have had so many people tell me they love this dressing. It’s definitely a Divine Health favorite! *
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get