Marinated Mushroom Saute

by lydia on September 14, 2010

Nutritionally, mushrooms pack a decent punch, not to mention amazing flavor. Just a 3 ounce serving of mushrooms contains a fair amount of folate, niacin and phosphorous. Potassium is plenteous in these wonderful fungi as well, just over 3 ounces benefits you with around 318 mg. Throughout the ages, mushrooms have been valued for their medicinal value, in many parts of the world, with Chinese medicine being a most familiar nation known to benefit from their intrinsic qualities.

I personally have a fond affection for mushrooms prepared in a variety of ways. But serving them up beside a good steak is one of my favoritesMushrooms and steak are a match made in heaven.  These mushrooms will bring heaven to earth in your mouth! So flavorful, buttery and tender. I am sure you will love them!!

Marinated Mushroom Saute
Author:
Recipe type: Side Dish
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:

• 1 pound small mushrooms, any kind you like, wiped clean, stems trimmed and cut in half or if you prefer, sliced
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • ¼ cup of butter
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • Fresh parsley
  • Fresh oregano
  • Balsamic vinegar
  1. In a small glass dish with the mushrooms, add about ¼ cup of olive oil, 2 minced cloves of garlic, a handful of chopped fresh oregano and parsley combined, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
  2. Let sit for 30 minutes minimum, up to overnight. Bring the mushrooms to room temperature before cooking.
  3. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the butter until it melts.
  4. Scoop the mushrooms out of the marinade and add them to the skillet.
  5. Cook low and slow until mushrooms are tender.
  6. Add the marinade at the end of the cooking time, turn the heat up a bit to allow the vinegar to kind of caramelize.
  7. Serve these alongside your next steak dinner, you will not be disappointed!

This post is a part of the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop and Real Food Wednesdays.

Dan September 14, 2010 at 9:26 am

These mushrooms look so tasty, I don’t know if I could wait for it to marinate!

Barb @ My Daily Round September 14, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I’ll have to try this the next time I find a huge bag of mushrooms in the seconds area at the produce place. I bet the balsamic vinegar really brings the flavors together.

Christy September 14, 2010 at 3:35 pm

When I read the recipe I thought – why the olive oil?? LOL I didn’t realize it was a marinade at first – oh this would be a great hit around here. Thanks for linking to the hearth’nsoul blog hop!

Stephanie O. September 14, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I’d really like to know what’s on the plate next to the mushrooms. It looks pretty good as well!

lydia September 15, 2010 at 7:35 am

Stephanie it’s a strip steak smothered in a pepper cream sauce – the recipe is in the September issue of Divine Living, it’s super yum!!!

Butterpoweredbike September 15, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Thank you for linking this with Hearth and Soul! I’ve been picking all of the wild mushrooms I can get my hands on before the weather turns, so I’m happy to a mushroom recipe and some info about their nutrition. All I know is that they taste fab!

alex@amoderatelife September 16, 2010 at 12:50 am

Hi Lydie!!! I adore sauteed mushrooms and also marinated mushrooms but you are a genius to try them together! VERY cool indeed! Thanks for sharing on the hearth n soul hop! :) Alex@amoderatelife

girlichef September 16, 2010 at 9:42 am

I love mushrooms, especially sauteed up this way. They sound delicious. Thank u for sharing them w/ hns hop this week.

Jenny November 5, 2010 at 11:21 pm

I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

Jenny January 18, 2011 at 3:02 am

One of the more impressive blogs Ive seen. Thanks so much for keeping the internet classy for a change. Youve got style, class, bravado. I mean it. Please keep it up because without the internet is definitely lacking in intelligence.

{ 1 trackback }