I make the easiest crockpot beef ever, and it is melt in your mouth delicious! I love it easy delectable slow cooker dishes that the whole family can enjoy. Crock-pot dinners almost always serve us several meals, and are just so dang easy! I know a lot of people have some trouble cooking grass fed meats when first starting out, as it is not the same as cooking conventional meat. The idea is to cook grass-fed beef low and slow. For more on how to cook grass fed meats definitely check out Stanley Fishman’s awesome book, ‘Tender Grassfed Meats‘ or Shannon Hayes book, ‘Grassfed Gourmet‘. This crockpot pulled beef or pulled taco beef is so simple you just have to try it, your kids will love it, and so will you!!
I purchased a grass-fed chuck roast that was about 2 pounds and cut it up into about 1-inch cubes. I placed the cubes in the crockpot with some beef stock and taco seasoning and cooked it on low all day!! It turned out perfectly. Since that first time, I’ve made this recipe oodles of times and the kids gobble it up eagerly every time! It’s a great easy recipe to take to a gathering as well.
- 1 grass fed chuck roast about 1.5 -3 pounds
- Homemade Beef Stock
- For the Taco Seasoning:
- 6 tsp. chili powder
- 5 tsp. paprika
- 5 tsp. cumin
- 3 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. Cayenne
- Cut your roast into approximately 1 inch cubes with poultry or kitchen shears. Leave all the fat in tact.
- Place in your crockpot on low and add just enough stock to barely cover the bottom of the crock.
- Add the taco seasoning - 1 recipe is enough for 1-2 pounds of meat.
- Turn your crockpot on low and let it cook all day. I cook mine for 7-8 hours. It will be very tender and moist and easily fall apart.
- Pull it apart a bit more with forks so it is like pulled beef.
- Serve this meat with sprouted corn tortillas fried in lard, lacto-fermented salsa and raw cheese or cultured cream. Or, over top of mashed cauliflower or in a taco bowl.
Want more gluten-free slow cooker recipes? Check out my post ‘80 Gluten Free Slow Cooker Recipes‘!
From Your Freezer To Your Family; Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes – This is an eBook written by Stephanie of Mama and Baby Love. I picked up a copy and found it to be a great resource. It is 95% grain free and gluten free, and anytime a grain was involved (outside the extra recipe of Stephanie’s father-in-law’s empanadas) was as a side to add later after the main meal was cooked. Her second mini-ecookbook is 100% grain free. This book has a lot of great ideas, plus a plan to get meals prepped and put up in the freezer for easy meals later on. I think it’s an interesting concept, one I hope to implement in my life a bit more.
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get