I won’t deny it. I love chocolate. Good quality dark chocolate is my kryptonite. This time of year sweets seem to be highlighted due to the festive season, chocolates of all kinds are easily found at just about any store you shop at. In years past we have enjoyed making chocolates of all kinds including truffles and peppermint bark. These days I prefer some chocolate bark with nuts and butter. That is my kind of treat! This chocolate is melt in your mouth to die for and a fabulous holiday chocolate to share with friends and family! Not to mention, super easy to whip up. Consider making this at home instead of buying store bought chocolates.
- 8 ounces organic Fair Trade dark chocolate
- 2 ounces of organic unsalted butter
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped crispy walnuts (recipe follows)
- ½ cup chopped dried cherries (unsweetened, unsulphured)
- Generous pinch of coarse sea salt
- Crispy walnuts:
- 4 cups of raw walnut halves
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Filtered water
- To make the Crispy Walnuts:
- Mix walnuts with salt and water and leave in a warm place for at least 7 hours or overnight. Drain in a colander.
- Spread walnuts on a stainless steel baking pan and place in a warm oven (150 degrees, the warm setting on most ovens) for 12 to 24 hours, turning occasionally, until completely dry and crisp. Store in an airtight container.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat, until thoroughly melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Place in fridge/freezer until firm.
- Break into rustic pieces and enjoy!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get