I have been making this particular version of artichoke dip for at least a decade, and I never tire of serving it around the holidays. In fact, the only time I even think of making it is around Christmas. This hot artichoke and goat cheese dip makes a fabulous appetizer for all the many holiday gatherings we find ourselves attending. One thing that I have adjusted about this awesome appetizer, is that I no longer serve it with crispy pita chips or any type of bread, keeping in line with my need to be gluten free and avoid the starchy carbs. I find it equally as good, if not better, with blanched crudites. Truly this dip is a real crowd pleaser!
- 10 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1½ cups chopped leeks or onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup homemade mayonnaise, or cultured sour cream
- 8 ounces cultured cream cheese, softened (preferably homemade)
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese
- In a food processor, combine the artichoke hearts, onions, garlic, mayo or sour cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and goat cheese. Blend ingredients, leaving some texture in the dip. Spoon the dip into an 8-inch casserole dish (at this point you can refrigerate the dip, covered for up to 2 days).
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake the dip, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until it is browned on top. Serve with the crudites.
Blanched crudites, cauliﬂower, broccoli, and asparagus are perfect to serve with this dip.
*Additions – To make this dip even more filling, try adding some crab meat and/or even some spinach. Delish!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get our