I adore mushrooms in all their earthy meatiness, so succulent even, especially when grilled. This recipe idea came to me one day and I just knew it would be a compliment pairing mushrooms with goat cheese on the grill. I was so sure it had never been done before, but alas, nothing new under the sun, right?! These babies are so great for a summer party, they make an awesome appetizer or side dish, not to mention leftovers.
I also made these mushrooms for a New Year’s Party this past year. I simply baked them instead and they were quite a hit. Super simple, so much more simple than making a complex stuffing for stuffed mushrooms.
- 8-12 baby Bella mushrooms, or regular large white mushrooms (figure, 2 mushrooms per person)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-ounce log of goat cheese
- Fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, or chives
- Coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Gently wipe off the mushrooms of any remaining dirt. Remove woody stem.
- Toss the mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Prepare charcoal grill or turn on your gas grill.
- Over a medium high ﬁre, grill your mushrooms until tender 5-7 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix goat cheese with about 2 teaspoons of minced fresh herbs, sea salt and pepper.
- As soon as the mushrooms are off the grill, spoon the goat cheese mixture into each mushroom and let sit for a few minutes so the cheese can soften and slightly melt.
- These can also be baked as well. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve as a wonderful appetizer during a summer gathering. These make great leftovers.
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get