Having delicious healthy treat recipes in your arsenal is a must. I mean, after all, we all crave something sweet now and then. (some of us more often than others). But what if you had a healthy treat, one that was actually just as nourishing as it was delicious? Well, I have found that homemade chocolate butter fudge fills that role perfectly. Now a quick disclaimer, in case you weren’t aware, butter is healthy. Yep is sure is! Most people don’t believe me when I tell them that and even when I explain why they still have a leery look on their face. But who doesn’t want an excuse to eat more butter. I mean we all know it’s delicious! We can’t deny that we want to spread more on our toast and load more up on our veggies or baked potatoes. So why not make some amazing homemade chocolate butter fudge? Julia Child would be proud!
I am happy as a clam to feed this healthy homemade chocolate butter fudge to my kids because I know that it is low in sugar and loaded with good fats that will truly satiate my kids. Not to mention it’s good for their growing bodies and brains. Don’t believe me, check out this post on why butter is your friend. Really! I haven’t met a single soul who was not intoxicated by this butter fudge. So what are you waiting for, go make some now!
- 1½ cups butter, preferably raw grass-fed or cultured (I use Kerry Gold), softened
- ½ cup organic fair trade cocoa powder (I use Frontier)
- ⅓ to ½ cup of raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. homemade vanilla or gluten-free vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- *Optional: Substitute ½ cup of butter for peanut butter if you tolerate it, or any other kind of nut butter
- In a mixer, slowly beat together all ingredients until well whipped.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and fill with the mixture.
- Place in the freezer to firm up.
- Slice and serve in small squares. Keep refrigerated.
- Additionally, this could be used as a frosting for cakes and cookies.
- Double the batch for a layer cake.
- Follow directions above and chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes before frosting your cake and serve immediately, or refrigerate your cake until ready to serve.
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get