Healthy Homemade Chocolate Butter Fudge

by lydia on October 3, 2011

Having delicious healthy treat recipes in your arsenal is a must. I mean, after all, we all crave something sweet now and then. (some of us more often than others). But what if you had a healthy treat, one that was actually just as nourishing as it was delicious? Well, I have found that homemade chocolate butter fudge fills that role perfectly. Now a quick disclaimer, in case you weren’t aware, butter is healthy. Yep is sure is! Most people don’t believe me when I tell them that and even when I explain why they still have a leery look on their face. But who doesn’t want an excuse to eat more butter. I mean we all know it’s delicious! We can’t deny that we want to spread more on our toast and load more up on our veggies or baked potatoes. So why not make some amazing homemade chocolate butter fudge? Julia Child would be proud!

I am happy as a clam to feed this healthy homemade chocolate butter fudge to my kids because I know that it is low in sugar and loaded with good fats that will truly satiate my kids. Not to mention it’s good for their growing bodies and brains. Don’t believe me, check out this post on why butter is your friend. Really! I haven’t met a single soul who was not intoxicated by this butter fudge. So what are you waiting for, go make some now!

Healthy Homemade Chocolate Butter Fudge
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert or Snack

• 1½ cups butter, preferably raw grass-fed or cultured (I use Kerry Gold), softened
  • ½ cup organic fair trade cocoa powder (I use Frontier)
  • ⅓ to ½ cup of raw honey
  • 1 Tbsp. homemade vanilla or gluten-free vanilla
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • *Optional: Substitute ½ cup of butter for peanut butter if you tolerate it, or any other kind of nut butter
  1. In a mixer, slowly beat together all ingredients until well whipped.
  2. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and fill with the mixture.
  3. Place in the freezer to firm up.
  4. Slice and serve in small squares. Keep refrigerated.
  5. Additionally, this could be used as a frosting for cakes and cookies.
  6. Double the batch for a layer cake.
  7. Follow directions above and chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes before frosting your cake and serve immediately, or refrigerate your cake until ready to serve.

(Photo Credit)

Meagan October 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Having delicious healthy treat recipes in your arsenal is a must. I mean after all, we all crave something sweet now and then.

^ AMEN! I find I do so much better when I know I have a treat in the cabinet or freezer that I can enjoy IF I truly want it.

Tiffany@ The Coconut Mama October 12, 2011 at 8:53 am

Hey Girl! This fudge is delicious! I tried it with coconut cream concentrate and it tasted like no bake brownies…
Posted about it here – http://thecoconutmama.com/2011/10/cococnut-cream-chocolate-fudge-dairy-free/

Thanks for the great recipe =)

Misty October 23, 2011 at 11:46 am

That sounds great! I have a fudge recipe that uses pinto beans. Its the best fudge I’ve ever eaten. It has a lot of sugar in it however. :(

Karen November 12, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I saw this recipe on this link: http://thischickcooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/12-week-of-healthy-christmas-ideas-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThisChickCooks+%28This+Chick+Cooks%29

I made this recipe tonight and here’s what I did:

3 sticks pasture butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup carob powder
1/2 cup raw honey
1 Tbsp vanilla
pinch of celtic sea salt

my butter was rock hard out of the fridge so i microwaved it to almost melted. i mixed in all other ingredients and used the hand mixer to mix it completely. we tasted the “batter” and it seriously tasted like chocolate frosting. YUM! I greased an 8 inch round casserole dish with coconut oil and poured the batter in. I froze it for a couple of hours and sliced into little squares. It was amazingly good and tasted oh-so-bad for you. So glad it’s healthy!!!

lydia November 13, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it Karen!

Suzanne February 24, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Sounds yummy.

Starlene March 19, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I just recently learned (again for the 10th time it seems) that I really need to stay low on my carbohydrates. Too bad, because this chocolate fudge looks DIVINE. :-) Seriously. I could go for a big hunk right now.

Caroline Cain September 4, 2012 at 1:48 pm

OMGosh! I have to try these asap. And your Chewy Chocolate Freezer Fudge or Chocolate Nut Butter Brownies.
They look amazing!

HipGrrrrl November 23, 2012 at 9:45 am

We luv Choco Butter Fudge!! I did make it with about 1/4 cup raw honey and some NuNaturals stevia (20 drops, maybe) and it was luscious! I also either use raw butter from my cow lady or pastured butter from the store…I make it in a loaf pan, slice it about 1\” wide and serve with whipped raw cream – with a touch of coconut sugar added. My kids love it and love that I pretty much let them eat as much as they want :).

I will say that I\’ve learned to only tell people what it is AFTER they\’ve swooned from the deliciousness of it all :). Not everyone is as fully convinced of the health virtues of butter as I am :).

Anyway, it is YUM! Thanks for the great recipe.

{ 1 trackback }