Yes, I am finally bracing the moment and bringing up the topic of enemas. This is a somewhat feared practice for most, but it offers incredible benefits. How many of you have gone a day or two or four or more without pooping? When you got to the point of no return, wouldn’t you do just about anything to go? An enema is the most effective way to clear the bowels in an urgent case like this. Enemas can also be very helpful therapy for just the average relatively healthy person to the person stricken with cancer.
In day with most Americans having essentially ‘dirty colons’ ( I once heard Dr. Richard Massey use that term, and I agree), learning how to incorporate enemas would be of great benefit. I think it’s time to revive this age old practice. In her book, ‘Gut and Psychology Syndrome‘, Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride says that the enema kit is a common tool found in family bathrooms in many Eastern countries. It can be performed without any medical assistance or prescription on children and adults alike. It is the most effective and quick relief of constipation. It is also the most effective way to clear out fecal compaction from the bowel, greatly reducing the amount of toxins coming from the putrefaction into the person’s body. It’s also the best way to introduce probiotic bacteria directly into the bowel. So long as an enema is done properly, it is completely safe. Unlike some of these medications and suppositories given to make you go.
Purpose: To support detoxification by cleansing the colon stimulating the liver to dump bile, its main avenue of waste elimination. This simple water therapy is safe and effective at reducing the common side effects of Clinical Detoxification: headaches, fatigue and irritability.
1. Enema bucket or bag
2. Lubricant (olive oil or coconut oil)
1. 1½ quarts pure water (boiled or distilled) that is nice and warm to the touch
2. a small amount of fresh juiced greens, something with chlorophyll or a good quality chlorophyll capsule (6 or so emptied)
3. A pure probiotic formula, therapeutic strength with predominantly Bifodobacteria species – 4-5 billion viable cells (to replace the health promoting bacteria) OR a few tablespoons of homemade yogurt
4. 1 Tbsp. liquid bentonite (toxin absorbing clay)
Optional liver cleansing ingredient: 1 cup regularly brewed organic coffee
Directions: Mix the above ingredients together, recheck the temperature of the solution, and instill the solution into the rectum once a day in the evening.
How to give an Enema:
1. Place solution in your enema bucket (valve closed).
2. Open valve to fill tube and remove any air bubbles in the tube, close valve and lubricate the tip of the tube as well as the opening to your rectum.
3. Place the enema bucket on the bathroom counter. On several bath towels, lay down on your left side in the knee-chest position. Gently and steadily insert the enema tube into the rectum approximately 6 to 12 centimeters for adults and 3 to 4 centimeters for
children, with the tip pointing towards your navel. Warning: Do not force the tip. If you experience resistance, change the angle and try again.
4. Open the valve and let the solution flow into your rectum as much as tolerated. It helps to massage the abdomen to relax the colon and allow filling, especially if it becomes uncomfortable. A small amount of liquid may remain in the bucket. It is not
necessary to completely empty the contents of the bucket. Close the valve and remove the tube when you are done.
5. Rest on your left side or on your back with knees bent for 1 to 5 minutes and gently massage your abdomen before getting up to evacuate on the toilet.
6. Wash the enema bucket and the tube with soap and hot water following each use. Additionally, you can rinse it with hydrogen peroxide.
The ideal goal would be to hold the enema contents for 15 minutes, hold for 5 on the left side, then the back (hips elevated is helpful) for 5, then the right for 5 minutes. It takes practice to get the hang of and to be able to tolerate the whole 15 minutes.
Stay tuned, as I will be posting another post this week with a personal testimony as to the benefits of enemas! The Benefits of Enemas: A Testimonial
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Lydia Joy Shatney is a certified Nutritional Therapist Practitioner through the Nutritional Therapy Association. Additionally, she is the chapter leader for the Weston A. Price Foundation in Delaware County, Pa. (Find the group here on Facebook). Lydia is also a member of the Nourished Living Network. Lydia founded Divine Health From The Inside Out in March of 2010. You can find Lydia on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. Sign up for the Divine Health From The Inside Out newsletter! Pick up a copy of Lydia’s eBook; ‘Divine Dinners: Gluten-Free, Nourishing, Family-Friendly Meals’.
Lydia offers specialized step by step counseling to transform your health. Personalized consultations to suit your specific needs are offered via phone, Skype or in person. Lydia offers a variety of packages offered to suit your individual needs. Contact Lydia today to get started as well as to learn more about what she has to offer you!