Lamb is one of my favorite types of meat. I love it for it’s unique flavor, not to mention all the wonderful ways one can prepare it. I love to vary the menu with lamb every now and again. Typically, with the cost of lamb, it’s just not in the budget. However, I have found that ground lamb can be very affordable, so I try to get some once a month or so. My four boys also love lamb. They go nuts when I tell them we are having it for dinner. And rightly so! Lamb has a lot of nutrient variety to offer other than beef.
I came up with this super simple lamb meatball recipe a few summer’s ago when I wanted to serve them with some tzatziki made with fresh summer cukes. They are delicious and have become one of our mainstay meals. These meatballs are quick to fix and very tasty! They’d be a great recipe to add to anyone’s repertoire!
- 1 to 1½ pounds ground lamb (if you can't find ground lamb, you can use grass-fed ground beef, bison or buffalo)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1//4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg, or flax egg
- Softened or melted butter, lard or ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the seasonings and one egg (or flax egg) into the ground meat until mixed thoroughly - do not over mix.
- Form into meatballs, about 1 to 1½ inches in diameter.
- Option - add a dollop of butter, lard or ghee into the meat mixture or brush the melted fat of choice over the formed meatballs prior to baking.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
This post contributes to Traditional Tuesdays.
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get