Summer time is upon us and portable, delicious fresh side dishes are something that can really come in handy. I am often on the go a lot more during the summer and find it nice to have an awesome dish to bring and share wherever I go. Whether it’s a family picnic, a potluck or the pool broccoli salad is a popular choice. I find this nourishing broccoli salad is a great dish to share rather than some kind of pasta salad. Everyone I have served this dish to has loved it!
I really love the idea of broccoli salad, but never was really into eating raw broccoli. So I decided to make my broccoli salad with blanched broccoli. I am also not so much into the addition of raisins or something sweet in my broccoli salad so this is a savory version. It’s a bit of a labor of love with all the chopping and prep work, but it’s SO worth the effort. I hope you will try it!
- 2 heads of broccoli, stem peeled and cut into small pieces, as well as florets cut into small pieces, and blanched
- ½ a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grass-fed cheddar cheese, cut into small slivers (it's important to use a hard cheese in this as it will hold up well and not get soggy)
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together, and then toss with the dressing.
- Let sit for 30 minutes for flavors to meld together.
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get