Kombucha is one of the great loves of my life. Kombucha, a fermented sweet tea, loaded with probiotic benefit, enzymes, b vitamins and beneficial acids really works wonders for me! It’s my go to drink when I need a lift or when I am really thirsty. It provides me with electrolytes as well as true satiation from the nutritional punch it packs.
Now, add to those awesome benefits the amazing benefits found in gelatin and you’ve got yourself a serious powerhouse of nutrition. What am I referring to? Kombucha gelatin! This recipe was shared by my friend Sherry Morris and as soon as I heard her mention it, I had to have the recipe. She kindly obliged to share her recipe for you all! So thank you Sherry!
If you are not familiar with the amazing benefits of gelatin (also bone broth) or kombucha – please read further, here and here. Once you know how much amazingness comes from each then put together even more so, surely you will want to try this recipe! I can’t wait to try it out for my kids and play with the flavors!
- ¾ cup org. apple juice
- 2 Tbsp. Great Lakes gelatin
- 1½ cups 2nd ferment (bottled so it's fizzy) kombucha (this is pomegranate)
- Mix gelatin into apple juice to soften, then warm slightly on the stove on low until completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Whisk well.
- Pour the kombucha (slowly) into a bowl, then (slowly) pour apple juice/gelatin mixture into the kombucha and gently stir. It WILL foam up.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes and all or most of the foam should be gone.
- Pour into molds and put in the refrigerator. Takes about an hour to set up.
- It's got a slight fizz to it on your tongue. Mix and match flavors you like for this.
*Disclaimer: This blog post may contain Amazon and other affiliate links and should you purchase through them will not affect your price and all proceeds go towards the cost of maintaining this website. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get