Growing up in the 70′s and 80′s we were served a lot of jello in my home. Albeit, jello from those cheap packages at the grocery store, loaded with food dies and sugar <eh hem>. Nowadays, I relish the days of eating jello as a treat after dinner. I remember all the holidays mint green plastic molds of jello were served, despite the fact they were not the ‘healthiest’ treats, I still think back on my jello eating days with fondness. Now that I am older, and wiser, I’ve learned that jello can be enjoyed in a healthy fashion. How exciting is that?!
Recently a follower of mine, who has now become a friend, posted her dinner on facebook. She mentioned she had made gelatin with water kefir in it. A stroke of genius might I note! Anyway, I just had to have the recipe. I wrote to her and she was perfectly happy to share her recipe for Divine Health. So, thank you Sherry for your exciting gelatin recipe!
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice + 3T fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Great Lakes gelatin
- 1 2/3 cup lemon lime water kefir (2nd ferment was 2 oz fresh lemon juice with a splash of lime to 14 oz of water kefir, in a sealed bottle for fizz)
- Stir gelatin into lemon/lime juice to soften, and warm on stove on low just long enough to completely dissolve. It should never get hot, just body temp.
- Gently pour lemon lime water kefir into bowl then stir in gelatin mixture.
- Pour into molds and chill a couple of hours.
- Mix and match your favorite flavors of this as well! Pair with some lightly sweetened whipped cream or coconut cream.
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Lydia Joy Shatney is a certified Nutritional Therapist Practitioner through the Nutritional Therapy Association. Additionally, she is the chapter leader for the Weston A. Price Foundation in Delaware County, Pa. (Find the group here on Facebook). Lydia is also a member of the Nourished Living Network. Lydia founded Divine Health From The Inside Out in March of 2010. You can find Lydia on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. Sign up for the Divine Health From The Inside Out newsletter! Pick up a copy of Lydia’s eBook; ‘Divine Dinners: Gluten-Free, Nourishing, Family-Friendly Meals’.
Lydia offers specialized step by step counseling to transform your health. Personalized consultations to suit your specific needs are offered via phone or in person. Lydia offers a variety of packages offered to suit your individual needs. Lydia also offers 3 online course: Heal Your Gut, Get Healthy To Lose Weight and A Calm Mind. Contact Lydia today to get started as well as to learn more about what she has to offer you!