Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s we were served a lot of jello in my home. Albeit, jello from those cheap packages at the grocery store, loaded with food dies and sugar <eh hem>. Nowadays, I relish the days of eating jello as a treat after dinner. I remember all the holidays mint green plastic molds of jello were served, despite the fact they were not the ‘healthiest’ treats, I still think back on my jello eating days with fondness. Now that I am older, and wiser, I’ve learned that jello can be enjoyed in a healthy fashion. How exciting is that?!
Recently, a follower of mine, who has now become a friend, posted her dinner on Facebook. She mentioned she made gelatin with water kefir in it. A stroke of genius might I note! Anyway, I just had to have the recipe. I wrote to her and she was perfectly happy to share her recipe for Divine Health. So, thank you, Sherry for your exciting gelatin recipe!
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice + 3T fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Great Lakes gelatin
- 1⅔ cup lemon-lime water kefir (2nd ferment was 2 oz fresh lemon juice with a splash of lime to 14 oz of water kefir, in a sealed bottle for fizz)
- Stir gelatin into lemon/lime juice to soften, and warm on stove on low just long enough to completely dissolve. It should never get hot, just body temp.
- Gently pour lemon lime water kefir into bowl then stir in gelatin mixture.
- Pour into molds and chill a couple of hours.
- Mix and match your favorite flavors of this as well!
- Pair with some lightly sweetened whipped cream or coconut cream.
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get