Mint chocolate chip ice cream is one of my kids favorite flavors, and growing up it was a favorite of mine too. In an effort to avoid the undesirable ingredients found in most store bought ice creams, I finally came
Making your own ice cream at home is fun and can be reasonably economical, especially if you make it a seldom special treat. Invest in your own ice cream maker and help your family avoid all the nasties that can be included in store bought ice cream. Often labels do not include some of the negative things that manufacturers add to ice cream. Not to mention that the quality of the dairy used is not ideal and if you have sensitivity to conventional dairy you really should work to avoid it at all costs. (Ask me how hard this can be, and I’ll tell you it’s so worth it if you can be steadfast on it!)
- 1 quart organic heavy cream, raw if possible, or pasteurized but grass fed (not homogenized or ultra pasteurized)
- 1/2 cup honey or organic rapadura
- 3-4 pastured egg yolks
- 1- 1 1/4 tsp. organic peppermint flavor
- pinch salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life) or chocolate shavings from a dark chocolate bar
- Place all ingredients, except for the chocolate chips in a mixer and mix well until soft peaks form.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Add mixture to ice cream maker and proceed with instructions from you manufacturer.
- Add in the chocolate chips based on instructions on when to encorporate add ins.
- When finished freeze until firm.
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Lydia offers specialized step by step counseling to transform your health. Personalized consultations to suit your specific needs are offered via phone, Skype or in person. Lydia offers a variety of packages offered to suit your individual needs. Contact Lydia today to get started as well as to learn more about what she has to offer you!