Can you believe I never liked cherries until I was an adult? I most definitely NEVER enjoyed cherry vanilla ice cream as a child. Maybe because it was never homemade and fresh. Cherries most definitely must be fresh and not from a can (yes, that was my only experience with cherries as a child).
Cherries are in season right now. In an effort to take advantage of their abundance, I’ve been making some yummy treats with them. This cherry vanilla ice cream is a cinch to whip up. It’s both sugar AND dairy free! Take advantage of the ability to hide added goodies in it as well, like cold soluble gelatin powder and probiotic powder.
- 1 14 ounce can Full-fat coconut milk
- 1 pound Cherries
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted
- ½- 1 tsp Vanilla bean powder
- ⅛ tsp Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Great Lakes cold soluble Gelatin (optional)
- 1 Scoop probiotic powder (I use Custom Probiotics 11 Strain) - Optional
- Mix all ingredients in a blender well, saving the coconut oil for last.
- Pour the coconut oil in once the rest of the ingredients are already incorporated together.
- Pour mixture in the bowl of an ice cream maker.
- Process according to your ice cream manufacturer's directions.
- Serve right away for soft serve or place in the freezer to harden up a bit.
Super simple ‘eh?! Here is the ice cream maker that I own and LOVE. And, believe me when I say that since this is the third ice cream maker I’ve owned.
*Disclaimer: This blog post may contain Amazon and other affiliate links and should you purchase through them will not affect your price and all proceeds go towards the cost of maintaining this website. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get our