Crockpot dinners sure to make life just a little bit easier. I love crockpot dinner nights. The prep work gets spread out a bit and makes finalizing dinner a cinch. These crockpot brats are super easy and oh-so tasty! I get my brats from Tropical Traditions and they are bison brats (read more about their bison products here). You can use any kind of brats you like though.
I know some people are concerned about the safety of long-simmering foods in a crockpot due to lead or other things leeching into the food. Here are some great articles you can read up on to find out more about how to safely use a crockpot, and what brands are best.
- 2 packages Bison Brats ( I get mine from Tropical Traditions)
- 2 medium onions halved and sliced
- 2 cups pepper strips
- 1 cup okra pieces (optional)
- 2 cups homemade broth, beef or chicken OR 2 cups gluten free beer OR 1 cup broth/1 cup gluten free beer
- Dried thyme, parsley, basil OR 1/4 cup fresh parsley, and a few sprigs of thyme
- Your favorite hot sauce to taste (we love Yucatan Sunshine)
- Ghee to top each bowl
- Coarse sea salt to finish
- Place onion,peppers and okra (if using) in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Place the brats on top.
- Add broth or beer. Spices some salt.
- Place on low in the crockpot.
- Cook 4-6 hours alternatively you can cook on high for about 30 minutes and then on simmer for a longer day.
- Convenient for working moms/dads to get started in the am and have it simmer all day long. Serve with organic white jasmine or basmati rice cooked in broth OR Cauliflower rice.
My kids raved over this and it was so simple. Reminded me of Gumbo. Yum!
This is the crockpot that I used to make this recipe -it’s one of the 3 crockpots I have and use.
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Lydia offers specialized step by step counseling to transform your health. Personalized consultations to suit your specific needs are offered via phone or in person. Lydia offers a variety of packages offered to suit your individual needs. Contact Lydia today to get started as well as to learn more about what she has to offer you!