With summer time comes the need to quench one’s thirst far more than any other time of year. I find myself consuming far more herbal iced tea during the summer time, and I prefer to make sure those herbal teas are benefiting my body as well. One of my favorite simple teas is Rooibos tea. Brewed on it’s own and unsweetened it has a unique flavor that is very satisfying. Since it has no caffeine, it’s a great tea to sip on all day long. It’s also loaded with antioxidants and quite possibly contains 50% more antioxidants than found in green tea. I highly recommend trying this tea as an overall health tonic.
Benefits of Rooibos Tea:
- High level of antioxidants, including quercitin
- Contains small amounts of vitamin C, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, sodium, chloride, and potassium.
- No caffeine, low levels of tanin
- Helpful with nervous tension, allergies and digestive problems
- Could be helpful to those with liver disease
- Safe to drink when pregnant/nursing, drink as much as you like
- Soothing for asthma and eczema sufferers (acts as a bronchodilator)
- An immune system booster
- Is an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-mutagenic and anti-spasmodic
Mountain Rose Herbs (where I buy my tea) describes Rooibos Tea like this:
An exquisite certified organic and fair trade certified red tea from the highest mountain peaks of South Africa. Rooibos is an ultra fine, delicate tea and once brewed it produces a hearty red color with a warm scent. Rooibos holds a superior, natural sweetness that is unsurpassed and drinks down like Kukicha twig tea.smooth and succulent with an aromatic after taste. This tea is very high in anti-oxidants, trace minerals, and nutrients, and at this price everyone should incorporate Rooibos tea into the daily diet. Our Red Rooibos tea is Fair Trade certified and does not contain caffeine.
How about you? Do you enjoy Rooibos tea?
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get our