Nothing beats a frozen treat in the summer heat! I love how easy these banana fudgesicles are to whip up. I’ve been meaning to make the boys my chocolate pudding pops for ages, but never find the time to first make the pudding and then turn them into popsicles. I thought why on earth would I bother to cook pudding to then freeze it when I could just make a simple smoothie base and freeze it. This recipe takes 5 minutes to make, plus freeze time. You can’t beat that. And it’s likely you have all the ingredients on hand already. (that is, if you always keep some bananas in the freezer like I do). 3 out of 4 of my boys love these popsicles! (the 4th one still insists I make the chocolate pudding pops, sigh!) The cool thing is since bananas are so sweet already there is no need for added sugar!
- Makes 6 popsicles (Tovolo Popsicle Mold)
- 2 bananas (frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch sea salt
- 1-1 1/4 cups raw milk, yogurt or coconut milk
- 3 pastured egg yolks
- Vanilla or vanilla stevia (optional)
- Probiotic powder (optional)
- Place all the ingredients, except for the coconut oil into a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the coconut oil until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Place in freezer until firm.
This recipe made enough to fill slightly more than 6 of these tovolo popsicle molds. One child was happy to drink the remaining ‘milkshake’. I like these molds because you can unmold one at a time as needed rather than having to empty an entire popsicle mold full of a bunch at once. Oh, and these banana fudgesicles substitute as a pretty decent healthy easy breakfast that the kids can get on their own. (ask me how I know!)