I’m on a cherry kick lately. I guess I’ve been trying to enjoy them while they are available. First it was Cherry Ice Cream and now it’s Cherry Coconut Popsicles. It’s the same recipe really, though I like to add more things in my popsicles for the kids. For some reason a couple of them balk at my ice cream but are open to the popsicles. Kids, I tell ya!
These are a snap to whip up and have a nice texture too. Great for kids and moms alike! I’m still able to get some cherries around here, but they’ll likely be gone soon. Whole Foods has frozen organic cherries from time to time and I try to stock up whenever I see them. Enjoy!
- 1 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 pound cherries
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Great Lakes cold soluble Gelatin - Optional
- 1 scoop probiotic powder (I use Custom Probiotics 11 Strain) - Optional
- 1 scoop of powdered greens (I use Nitrogreens by Biotics Research) - Optional
- 1-2 capsules of colostrum (I use Tropical Traditions) - Optional
- 1 scoop Goat Protein or Whey if not using the gelatin - Optional
- Mix all ingredients in a blender well, saving the coconut oil for last.
- Pour the coconut oil in once the rest of the ingredients are already incorporated together.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Play around with the optional ingredients to see what works for you and your family. I just like to sneak in those extra nutrient-dense items in anything I can.
- Note: If you use the greens powder, the popsicle color will be quite ugly - be prepared to make up a fun name for what they are so your kids won't baulk. Like 'Zombie Popsicles' or 'Dragon Blood' or some other such thing. (Remember, I have boys! ;)
I believe this recipe made about 8 or so popsicles in my molds. I have several sets of molds, but really how the popsicles turned out the best in these Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop molds. Plus they make the biggest popsicles of any of the molds I have, and trust me, you’re gonna wanna a bigger one of these!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get