Nectarines are in season right now in my neck of the woods. I’ve been enjoying a large basket full each week from my farmer’s market. We love nectarines all by themselves, however they also make great flavors for beverages and paired with meals. Nectarine Salsa is one sure fire way to enjoy the end of grilling season. I came up with this zippy nectarine salsa and paired it with some Center Cut Pasture Pork chops for dinner recently. That was a happy union indeed!
Try my Nectarine Salas paired with grilled pork, chicken OR fish. It will add so much summer flavor to whatever dish you prepare. It’s even good right off the spoon, almost like a soup. Also, try dipping sweet potato or root chips in the salsa. This recipe makes a good sized bowl and should be consumed within a day or two. Enjoy!
- 4 ripe nectarines, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 medium/large ripe tomatoes diced
- 2 limes -zest of one, juice of both
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro, 3/4 cup packed -roughly chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger, about 1/2-1 Tbsp.
- handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Taste and adjust flavors as you prefer.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Serve with grilled pork or chicken. Or with sweet potato chips.
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get our