Stir fry is one of those easy dinners all home cooks should have in their aresenal. It’s also universally a dish just about everyone under the sun enjoys! My kids love stir fry, it makes them feel like they are getting to have take out Chinese food (which happens just about once in a blue moon for them).
Did you ever watch Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution? Back in 2010 he came to the US to a town in West Virginia, statiscally one of the unhealthiest cities in the country. He created a shop in the main drag that was there for anyone who wanted to come in and learn how to cook real food. Anyway, I remember an episode where he had the street blocked off and had a cooking demonstration with numerous folks, teaching them how to make a basic stir fry. I really think stir fry is easy, and can be a very healthful meal (especially when cooked in healthy oils) for just about anyone to learn how to make. Stir fry is also fun to make and quick. It’s a great meal to add to your families regular repetoire for sure. I hope you will try my Easy Beef Stir Fry!
- Serves 4-6
- 2 lbs stir fry beef, cut in thin strips
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into thin one inch pieces
- 1/2-1 hot pepper, any kind you like, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger root peeled and minced
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca, arrowroot or non-GMO cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- sesame oil
- coconut oil for the pan
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Whisk the tapioca with 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl; add the beef, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons coconut aminos and sesame oil in a large bowl; set the bowl near the stove.
- Heat a wok, large chef's pan, or skillet over high heat until very hot, about 1 minute.
- Add 3 tablespoons coconut oil, then the ginger, garlic and hot pepper; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring or shaking the skillet occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beef with a slotted spoon to the sauce mixture and toss.
- If the pan is dry, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, then add the onion and stir-fry until just soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, peppers and squash; stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
- Return the beef and any juices to the pan and stir to combine.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and coconut aminos to taste, along with more salt or pepper.
- Serve with rice if desired.
Affiliate links are used where appropriate, which allow me to earn a small commission on your sale. This does not affect your price at all and is a cost of doing business for the affiliate companies. The monies earned from those commissions are like a tip at a restaurant and help support the maintenance of the website and free content. Shop on Amazon? There’s a handy Amazon.com search box over in the right-hand side bar you can click through to shop on Amazon. You’ll get the very same prices, plus a portion of what you spend will support this site. Thank you!
Lydia Joy Shatney is a certified Nutritional Therapist Practitioner through the Nutritional Therapy Association. Additionally, she is the chapter leader for the Weston A. Price Foundation in Delaware County, Pa. (Find the group here on Facebook). Lydia is also a member of the Nourished Living Network. Lydia founded Divine Health From The Inside Out in March of 2010. You can find Lydia on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. Sign up for the Divine Health From The Inside Out newsletter! Pick up a copy of Lydia’s eBook; ‘Divine Dinners: Gluten-Free, Nourishing, Family-Friendly Meals’.
Lydia offers specialized step by step counseling to transform your health. Personalized consultations to suit your specific needs are offered via phone or in person. Lydia offers a variety of packages offered to suit your individual needs. Lydia also offers 3 online course: Heal Your Gut, Get Healthy To Lose Weight and A Calm Mind. Contact Lydia today to get started as well as to learn more about what she has to offer you!