Soothe your soul, while enjoying the spicy warmth of a Rooibos Chai. Rooibos is a naturally caffeine free red tea originally from South Africa. Read more about Rooibos Tea here. No known side effects safe for people of all ages. Some studies now show that rooibos tea protects against cancer. That’s reason enough for me to drink up!
This recipe is super easy and great for kids too! Making your own at home saves a ton of money and ensures you are getting the healthiest chai possible. I enjoy this Rooibos Chai after dinner as a way to peel away from distractions and relax. It’s very soothing and offers a spicy sweetness that can replace a dessert.
I buy most all of my herbs, teas and some of my spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I love their prices and quality. I also like Frontier and get some things from my local health food store to try before I buy in bulk.
- Scant ½ cup Red Rooibos tea
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 3 cardamom pods crushed
- 1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups homemade coconut milk (see the recipe below)
- ¼ cup honey
- In a small saucepan/pot, bring 2 cups water to boil with the tea and spices.
- Turn off heat, leave covered to steep for 7-10 minutes.
- Strain add to 1-quart jar with honey, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Stir well to dissolve the honey.
Do you enjoy Rooibos Tea? Have you tried a Rooibos Chai?
Share in the comments….
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get our