Constipation. It’s prevalent these days. Perhaps you are prone to it yourself. If so, you are in the right place at the right time.
Did you catch my pun in the title by the way? (big grin)
While the truth is, it will be key to nutritionally balance the body so that the root issue of constipation gets completely resolved, sometimes people need some symptom relief in the interim.
Awhile ago on the blog I shared a post titled; ‘Are You Constipated? Tips to Keep Things Moving‘ to help folks start to sort out issues with being ‘backed up‘. I’ve got some more tips and short term remedies to share with you now that I’ve discovered along the way. Perhaps you can find a new remedy that works better for you.
Often when you go through times of stress, or excess activity or you are out of the home eating different foods than you are used, you may find yourself getting a bit of ‘log jam’ so to speak. This is a very common issue I run into with my clients, so I’ve had to come up with remedies that work fast.
The next time you find yourself a bit ‘behind on things’ you can try some of the remedies below to keep that train rollin’. Trust me, you never want to stay constipated. Constipation can lead to so many problems and it’s a very toxic situation.
- Drink 2 Tbsp. to 1/4 cup lemon juice in warm water FIRST thing in the morning
- For overnight relief of constipation, use this same ^^^ drink at bedtime
- Prepare flaxseed tea by adding 1 teaspoon of flaxseed to 1 quart of spring water; simmer for fifteen minutes. Take 1 cup daily -this takes a bit of time to work things out, but if done daily could be really helpful.
- Lavender essential oil on the feet, preferably on the intestine points.
- Drink/sip a mug of really salty bone broth (1/2 tsp. salt in 8-12 ounces broth)
- Add 1 tsp. good quality castor oil to your morning lemon water (should work in 4-6 hours) Note: Some people need much more than this, but it’s always best to start out with less and work up. Only use as a short term remedy.
- Drink 4-6 ounces beet kvass (start with less if you are not used to it) or brine from properly fermented anaerobic veggies. I personally find if I eat a small amount of anaerobically fermented foods daily I stay regular.
3 Bonus Tips
Okay, I lied. I’ve got more than 7 remedies for you. I tend to over deliver.
- Aerobic Life MagO7 Digestive System Cleanser. It has a recommended cleanse on the back – take up to 5 capsules (this equals about 1725 mg of elemental mag – in ozonated mag oxide form) with 8-12 ounces of water on an empty stomach at bedtime for 7-10 days until desired cleanse has been attained. Then you would decrease the dose for maintenance. It is actually intended as a colon cleansing supplement, not as a magnesium supplement. It has a stool softening effect and helps to rid the digestive track of unwanted debris. One bottle should last you at least a month if not longer (depending on your unique dosage). Just be sure to stay near a bathroom when you do this cleanse!
- Ingest 2-4 tsp of good quality pure Epsom salts in water (start with the lesser amount and work up if needed).
- It really is a good idea to gently massage the colon via the abdomen to help stimulate it to move properly and help get movement happening! Here is a great video you can watch – this method may be difficult to do on yourself but it gives an excellent explanation of the HOW so you do it properly, safely and effectively! Also, check out this acupressure chart.
What tips do you have to add to this list? Please share in the comments below
Want To Iron Out Long Term Constipation For Good?
As I stated above, these tips are only intended for short term use to get things going. Ultimately, if constipation is common or ongoing for you, you will need to deal with the underlying reasons. Everyone will be different in why they are getting constipated, however it boils down to getting nutritionally balanced so the body can do it’s job properly. Eating the right foods for you will be key as well.
If you need help getting to the root of your constipation issues and are ready to dig your heels in and get to work, contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like a handy guide to healthy bowels?
Click on the link below to get your complimentary copy of, ‘The Straight Scoop On Poop’.
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get