Recently, in my post ‘How To Decrease Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in Just A Few Weeks‘, I shared that blood sugar can be well managed through your diet. Today, I’m here to share a bit more in case just diet alone isn’t cutting it for some of you. The truth is, while diet is a primary way to maintain health, often it is too broad to fix underlying imbalances. One key reason is that most of us have serious mineral imbalances and if we don’t know exactly what they are we can’t correct them through diet alone. That said, there is one missing mineral that is playing into the issue of insulin resistance (and diabetes); chromium.
( Photo Courtesy: v1ctor )
A deficiency of biologically active chromium can lead to insulin resistance. WHY?
First let’s look at the issues of why chromium is missing…..
- Not enough in the diet to begin with (processed foods/soil depletion)
- Excessive loss due to constant high carb diet and or refined/processed foods diet
- Or the body’s inability to convert chromium into it’s biologically active form.
Soil depletion and our diets are key reasons chromium is missing for most everyone these days (namely in the United States). The modern day S.A.D diet (Standard American Diet) both due to processing/refining and excessive intake of starches and sugars spells disaster for the blood sugar as well as that it both does not contain much if any chromium to begin with in addition to further depleting any there may be to begin with. Head on over to Delicious Obsessions where I discuss this further……..
To read the full post click the link below
Need more insights and support with blood sugar balance and overall health in general? A Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis provides a metabolic blueprint of your unique biochemistry and offers a game plan just right for you! Get started today- click on the banner below.….
1. Staying Healthy With Nutrition: The Complete Guide To Diet and Nutritional Medicine by Elson M. Haas, MD
2. Trace Elements and Other Essential Nutrients: Clinical Application of Tissue Mineral Analysis, Dr. David L. Watts
3. Enzymes & Enzyme Therapy: How To Jump-Start Your Way to Lifelong Health, Dr. Anthony J. Cichoke
4. Nutritional Balancing and Hair Mineral Analysis: A New Science of Energy, Lawrence Wilson, M.D.
5. Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats, Sally Fallon with Mary Enig, Ph.D.
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get