Gluten-free has all but become the latest food hype. You can now easily find your favorite baked good in it’s own gluten-free version on the shelf in your local grocery store. There are lots of reasons for this new trend, and I personally have chosen to adhere to being gluten-free for my own health benefits. To learn more about my journey, check out my article, Reflections On A Year of Being Gluten-Free here. For more gluten-free recipes, check out my dedicated recipes page.
I truly know that I have perfected this recipe, which is why I’m so excited to share it with you. Not only is it based off of the amazing combination of banana and chocolate chunks, but this recipe’s key is its mixture of flours, seasonings, and my homemade baking powder. This recipe was inspired and tweaked from one of my favorite cookbooks: ‘The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook“. I prefer to use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (the chunks) in my baking because they are dairy, soy and gluten-free. I also line my muffin tins with unbleached parchment liners.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups brown rice flour, or sprouted brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons homemade baking powder (see recipe below)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground clove or nutmeg
- Wet Ingredients:
- ¾ cup pastured eggs (about 3 but be sure to measure)
- 1¼ cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- ⅓ cup organic brown sugar
- ⅓ cup melted virgin coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup or more of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your muffin tin with parchment muffin liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, banana, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together well.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tins.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
Homemade Baking Powder
Makes 1 cup
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca
How excited are you to try this recipe? Go grab the ingredients now and you can make them for breakfast in the morning! Please let me know how you liked them and how they turned out in the comments area below. Also, if you have any questions about the recipe feel free to ask away!
*Disclaimer: This blog post may contain Amazon and other affiliate links and should you purchase through them will not affect your price and all proceeds go towards the cost of maintaining this website. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get