Breakfast matters, because YOU matter.
If you know me, you know how passionate I am about starting your day right with a healthy and healing breakfast. I’m a huge advocate for making sure my family, myself and my clients get on board with this crucial habit. I’ve met countless individuals since beginning my career as a Nutritional Therapist who skip breakfast altogether! For my regular readers, I will spare you by not going into the details of why this is something you should NOT do. Learn more about Feel Like Skipping Breakfast? Find Out Why.
You will see me say, if you’re following me on social media or subscribe to my email updates, that healthy living is all about placing easy-to-implement habits into your life that work for you and help you live to the fullest.
Easy meals with YOU in mind.
I want to take a moment to emphasize how truly easy implementing a whole foods breakfast full of delicious vegetables and quality proteins can be. If this if your first time doing something like this, then I recommend starting on a weekend morning, where you will have additional time to dedicate to cooking and eating. Once you grasp how simple this can be, then you can implement it into your daily routine or create larger batches of dishes like the hash below to enjoy all week long.
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced or 2 cups chopped leek greens *
- 4 cups broccoli florets or a combo of other veggies*, whatever you tolerate
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic or garlic olive oil *
- Broth or Great Lakes Gelatin
- Smokey paprika
- Sea salt
- Cilantro or parsley - a handful, minced
- 6 links of pastured breakfast sausage or about half pound of bulk sausage or ground turkey/pork
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add a dollop of lard.
- Cook onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Add some broth to keep from burning and check on the heat, may need to lower it a bit. Cook until tender enough for your liking.
- Add the garlic, jalapeño and stir well. Cook for 1minute.
- Add sausage. If adding links, go ahead and removed the veggies if done. If adding bulk sausage or ground meat, stir well into the veggie mixture and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with a pinch each of chipotle powder and smoked paprika, then sea salt to taste.
- Top with cilantro or parsley.
If you liked this recipe idea, be sure to head on over and check out my Healthy Breakfasts photo album on Facebook and comment on the breakfasts you like best. I plan to continue to add to the album as I’m working on a breakfast recipe cookbook coming up. Your comments and likes will help Facebook spread my album so more people can see it and get inspired too.
Want More Breakfast Inspiration? Check Out These Articles & Recipes:
- A Nourishing Breakfast To Give Optimal Energy For Those With a Busy Lifestyle
- Breakfast – You Can’t Live Without It: Pass The Smoothie
- What’s For Breakfast? Over 60 Healthy Ideas To Inspire You
- 40 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Feeding Your Kids Cereal For Breakfast? Reasons to Reconsider
- Healthy Breakfast Photo Album
*Disclaimer: This blog post may contain Amazon and other affiliate links and should you purchase through them will not affect your price and all proceeds go towards the cost of maintaining this website. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get our