This may surprise you since I am in the health, whole foods, and wellness scene – BUT I’m actually not all that into green smoothies. It is a rarity that I make or drink green drinks, especially with the focus on lots and lots of raw greens. There are lots of articles out there on why this may not be the best healthy habit for you to implement, but let’s skip that today!
Because… Happy St. Patty’s Day! And when in the USA, dress like an American on this holiday: IN GREEN! If you want to make today even more festive, start your day off with this drink or share small to-go versions with your family or co-workers. It’s sure to make them smile!
Today I want to simply share with you how I make a green smoothie when I feel the urge. HINT: it begins with already cooked (usually steamed) kale that has been frozen (I like to use ice cube trays for portioning). After all, who doesn’t love being healthy and hip with the holidays?
- 1 cup of cooked kale frozen in ice cube trays
- 6-8 ounces of plain organic grass-fed yogurt
- 1 heaping tablespoon of fresh mint, minced
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins hydrolyzed collagen
- 1-2 Tbsp of raw pumpkin seeds or pumpkin seed butter (optional)
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- I like mine a bit mintier so I add 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (no more). Omit this if you are making it for children, please.
How did you like the Shamrock Green Smoothie? Did it put a smile on your face? I sure hope it did! Please let me know how you liked it in the comments area below.
*Disclaimer: This blog post may contain Amazon and other affiliate links and should you purchase through them will not affect your price and all proceeds go towards the cost of maintaining this website. Thank you!
Subscribe to Divine Health
Join our weekly newsletter and get our