The #1 Probiotic I Recommend

by lydia on March 3, 2016

I truly love what I do. As a full-time “work at home mom,” business owner, and nutritional therapy practitioner, I really do get to do all the things that are most important to me. I get to take care of myself and my family, on my own terms, and I have the knowledge to keep us healthy and, most importantly, our guts happy!

Probiotics have really become all the rage, and I’m so happy that their benefits are now widespread knowledge. I no longer have to spend my time explaining it. In case you are new to this term and learning about taking care of bodies from the inside out, here are some essential articles that will help you learn all about probiotics and the many ways I implement them into my life:

Personally, I’ve consumed a variety of probiotic supplement, digestive enzymes/aids, and probiotic-rich foods (like in the articles above.) I’m always researching and looking to see how I can improve my health, my children’s health and how to determine the best protocol for my clients. A couple years ago I discovered a new probiotic that didn’t look or sound like the others I had heard of, and there is a great reason it quickly became my favorite and number #1 recommended to those I work with. I’ll be sharing some of the amazing results that my clients have had with this specific product, but first, I’d like to introduce you to it and give you a little bit of background as to what it is and why it works so well.

MegaSporeBiotic is the first MEGA-dose, 100% spore formula probiotic sold exclusively to healthcare professionals, which is why you would go through individuals like myself to introduce the supplement into your own health and healing protocol. Why Mega SporeBiotic? The use of spores as probiotics is highly important as spores are designed to survive through the gastric system and colonize well to produce the needed effects. Additionally, spores make a potent impact in the gut since the spore population in the gut is low enough that the 4 billion spores added each day through MegaSporeBiotic will make a potent impact on the sensory systems in the gastrointestinal tract to create beneficial effects. Spores are also important to moderate and defend the gut from unwanted microbes and to support the growth of the natural species found in each individual. A mega dose, spore culture/consortium formula with broad-spectrum activity, has only been available as a pharmaceutical drug, until now as Mega SporeBiotic. It is the first offered as a dietary supplement.

Here are a few of the benefits you may experience from taking this specific probiotic:

• Immune modulation to reduce allergies and asthma.
  • Immune stimulation of peripheral T-lymphocytes and B-lymphocytes to fight colds, cases of flu and infections.
  • Decrease in frequency of urinary tract infections.
  • Reduction in side effects related to antibiotic therapy.
  • Effective treatment for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).
  • Diminished duration of diarrhea in children 3 to 36 months of age.
  • Reduced incidence of irritable bowel syndrome diarrhea.
  • Immune response to adenovirus and influenza-A in-vitro.
  • Improvement in pain scale in Rheumatoid arthritis patients.
  • Reduces the inflammation associated with Crohn’s disease, IBS, ulcerative colitis.
  • Improved growth of the natural flora.
  • Improved digestion of food and a thus improved
nutrient absorption.
  • Production and absorption of critical nutrients –
i.e. carotenoids, quinols, vitamins and enzymes.
  • Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
  • Reduction of cholesterol.
  • Detoxification of the intestinal tract.
  • Effective colonization.

I know that’s a lot of information, so instead of elaborating more, here are some benefits that one of my clients had since they began using Mega SporeBiotic:

“…since using the Mega SporeBiotic, I now have total regularity, whereas before I was constantly fighting with being regular. Stress or travel would mess me up royally. Now, every day I’m consistent and that has been a big improvement, too.” Read more

Mega SporeBiotic is a great therapeutic probiotic. I recommend getting started with it even if you aren’t ready to tackle all of your current health issues. It will help with any immune reactions and support your body to better tolerate more foods. Get started restoring your gut with Mega Spore Today!

Are you ready to give your gut the love it deserves? Or is there something specific to probiotics that you’d like to know and I didn’t mention? Please leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you!

Join our weekly newsletter and get our
Herbal Teas for Vibrant Health FREE!
10 Recipes to Support Energy &
Vitality for the Whole Family.

Rebekah Watkinson March 4, 2016 at 9:08 am

How do I order??? I’ve been taking Dr. Mercola’s Brand consistently, but it just doesn’t seem to be enough. My food sensitivities are becoming more severe and I’m really struggling to go to the bathroom. I’ve tried lots of things… Redmond Clay, raw carrots, prunes, raw sauerkraut, magnesium… I sometimes find relief for a day or two, but then it’s back to being bound-up and in pain.

lydia March 4, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Hi Rebekah,

Just pop me an email:

Patrik March 6, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Hi Lydia!
I find this interesting. But exactly how can this treat SIBO? I cannot see how that is possible?
//. Patrik

Janet (Divine Health Assistant) March 16, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Here is what MegaSpore has to say about SIBO:

Q: ­Can live fermented foods colonize the gut effectively? And would these spore probiotics help the SIBO condition, which has been characterized as an overgrowth of good bacteria. Also can candida excess yeast be helped? ­

Fermented foods are great for the GI, but the benefits don’t typically come from the microorganisms in the food going in and colonizing, it comes from the ferment itself. The many nutrients the bacteria made while fermenting the foods are what helps the GI and the immune system from fermented foods. The problem however is they don’t do much to alter the Dysbiosis one may have in the GI. This is where a true and effective probiotic comes in. MegaSporeBiotic contains one of the only strains that have been shown in studies to actually alter the GI flora when it colonizes. This is a difficult task when you consider that the flora is made up of nearly 100 trillion cells and the probiotic is there in a concentration of just a few billion. But some strains are specialized to do this type of work and our strain bacillus Subtilis HU58 is one such strain.
Another key strain in the formula (bacillus clausii), has been used as a prescription treatment for SIBO for a number of years. It can be very effective in your patients suffering with SIBO.
We have had numerous cases of candidiasis that have seen great benefit from this product. There can be some strange looking excrement for a period of time as the yeast leaves the system, but we have always seen very consistent and positive results.

Anonymous March 17, 2016 at 9:00 am

Thanks for the reply!
I am interested, but still hesitating.. Let me give you an example. If I use “mild and clean” probiotic like for instance Ultra Flora Kids, then I have a mild, maybe somewhat positive m reaction.
If I use a highly recomended, multistrain, with soilbased strains, probiotic, like Prescript Assist, then I have a very severe, and negative reaction.
Do I dare to try this one…?
//. Patrik

Janet (Divine Health Assistant) March 17, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Hi Patrik,
Yes, that is a determination you will have to make for yourself. As with any supplementation like a probiotic we always recommend to begin slow and to not introduce a bunch of new different things when beginning a protocol with MegaSpore.

It sounds like you know when your body is having a positive or negative reaction, so pay attention to that when you begin adding it in.

Anonymous March 19, 2016 at 10:37 am

Ok! Thank you! // Patrik

lydia March 25, 2016 at 8:29 am

Hi Patrik,

The spores help to manage the overgrowth of bacteria that is displaced into the small intestine. I spoke with Kiran Krishnan at length at the Nutritional Therapy Conference and he explained it to me – but I won’t attempt to restate all that he shared because I won’t do it justice. Here’s a bit of what he told me: Bacillus Clausii is one of our main ingredients and we are the ONLY probiotic that carries it. If you look at the attached clinical trial, you will find that bacillus Clausii has been shown to improve SIBO by competitive exclusion. It is actually used as prescription for this purpose in Europe.

It’s the only trial of its kind showing a probiotic strain reducing SIBO. Quite powerful!

I did ask him if he would come by and comment as well. Stay tuned…

Anonymous March 25, 2016 at 10:35 am

It is interesting.. So I will stay tuned. Hoping for a comment by Kiran.
Thank you! / Patrik

lydia April 6, 2016 at 9:13 am

Here is a link to a pdf about Bacillus Clausii in particular:

Bacillus Clausii is one of the main ingredients in Mega SporeBiotic and it is the ONLY probiotic that carries it.

If you look at the pdf of the attached clinical trial, you will find that bacillus Clausii has been shown to improve SIBO by competitive exclusion. It is actually used as prescription for this purpose in Europe.

Patrik April 6, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Thank you! I’ll take a look at it.
I’m in europe. If I’m Interested in buying this pro biotic is it you I’ll contact then Lydia?
// Patrik

lydia April 6, 2016 at 8:17 pm

You sure can Patrik!

Betty March 7, 2016 at 12:18 pm

How does this compare to keifer?

Janet (Divine Health Assistant) March 16, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Fermented foods are great to have as well! It isn’t really an “either/or” situation. Both MegaSpore and Probiotic rich foods will enhance your digestion. See the above list for all the areas MegaSpore can aid your body.

If you are purchasing milk keifer from the store you want to watch out for additives in those products. Be sure to read the ingredients!

lydia March 25, 2016 at 8:10 am

Betty – the Mega SporeBiotics are spore based are entirely different strains than those that are in milk or water kefir.

Cynthia March 31, 2016 at 8:54 pm

I love Megaspore! I use it personally and professionally :) Great product…sorry I missed the NTA was just too tough managing the kids and flying from the East Coast, but I hope to make next years event :)

lydia April 3, 2016 at 9:10 am

The spores are great -so glad you use them too! I’m on the East Coast too and it’s no small thing to make the trip – hopefully if you go next year Cynthia we can meet! :)

anonymous May 19, 2016 at 10:47 am

I urge people to be very careful before taking Megaspore. I had a very strong adverse reaction, breaking out into a rash and hives, and am still suffering from the reaction more than three months later.

lydia May 20, 2016 at 8:33 am

That is a rare reaction for sure. One of the reasons they only work through practitioners is so we can give guidance to individuals on slowly titrating with this probiotic. Many people do need to go VERY slow introducing it – I had one mom only tolerate a pin head amount per week for awhile. She now tolerates 1 per day just fine.

Aggie August 18, 2016 at 6:09 am

Good evening Lydia
Would you recommend this to a 24 week high pregnancy mum ? Who has Crohn’s disease and it’s on prednisone for treatment .
Thanks Aggie